POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Multiple maps? : Re: Multiple maps? Server Time
9 Aug 2024 11:21:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Multiple maps?
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 22 Jul 2000 17:08:05
Message: <397A0D3D.9B6EFB86@schunter.etc.tu-bs.de>
Jason Miller wrote:

> Bob,
>     Thats not exactly what I want to do.  What I have are a set of TGAs.
> One describes the pigment color, another describes the reflection color,
> etc.
>
> I would like to map each of these tga's to their respective attribute.  As
> in, map the reflection color TGA to the reflection color of the object.
> Make sense?
>
> Is this possible?

IIRC, material map cannot be used in layered textures, thats also mentioned in
the docs.  Also "interpolate" does not mix the textures in the material_map.

What you probably have to do is combine all your image-files to one and use this
as a material map and specify a complete texture for each color index in the
file.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>